Friday, July 31, 2009

Is it August Already??!

Hello, Knitters, Crocheters and Needlepointers!

Welcome to our new "home" at Blogspot! This is offering us (well, me, but I will get to that) a better way to keep updated on all the great happenings and products at our fave store. http://astitchintimebethel.blogspot.com/ is the place to go for the latest updates.

So, as long as I am saying "Welcome," just wait until you come over to our place and see what Leslie has done to welcome you to our shop! As you may know, Leslie is an artist and she designed a GORGEOUS mural for our entrance. So come on over and see our beautiful and eye-catching entrance, it is lovely and features a topiary and, oh, you just have to come see it for yourself! I will try to post a photo here, but really, no picture is going to do it justice.

If you are a golfer (I am not, but maybe someday when the kids are all up and out my friend Eva will convince me to give it a try!), oh, boy, do we have some good stuff for you! (If you are not a golfer, feel free to skim this part)...

August 25th will be the first ever A Stitch In Time Golf Outing! Tee off is 9:30 and here are the details: Held at the BEAUTIFUL Newtown Country Club (You know, the place where Eva lives when she's not at the store), only $24 for Newtown Country Club members and $40 for non-members (even I know that's a bargain). This terrific day includes 9 holes of golf (best ball), cart, and lunch. Come and enjoy a wonderful day out on the course! Ladies only, just for fun, no worries, non-competitive... and, I presume, no little windmills like the courses I frequent on summer vacations. Have fun!

Also for our golfers, some needlepoints just for you... several new golf-themed belts (I may take this sport up just for the cute clothes, really), and terrific golf club covers. I know Leslie has been knitting a set of covers, but I would be surprised if she doesn't stitch one of these these as well. While you're at it, take a look at some of our canvasses featuring golf themes and sayings, they are really cute!

OK, non-golfers tune in again...

Can I stress this enough??? The absolute deadline for Christmas needlepoint finishing is OCTOBER 1. Get those stockings and nutcrackers going because that is coming up faster than you imagine. We will still accept them after this date, but we do not guarantee Holiday delivery.

Perfect for the Holiday needlepoint is a mini trunk show Sept 4-Oct 22, featuring canvasses by Whimsey & Grace. Why is this so perfect? Because they specialize in SMALL projects, meaning just the cutest things you have ever seen. Scissor and needle cases, luggage tags, hat bands, eyeglass cases. If you have a special gift to give and don't have time for a whole stocking, this is a great opportunity to buy some very reasonably-priced projects which can be finished quickly. We will have samples of finished work in the store.

One more thing for needlepointers, please take a look at the needlepoint bucket bag sample, it is beautifully displayed on the wall behind the register. So many customers had asked me what it would look like finished. My descriptions couldn't do it justice, so now you can see for yourself how cute this bag is. (And if anyone wants to make me one....) We also got in some new Elizabeth Bradleys... they are going really fast, so come in soon for the better selection.

OK, knitters, this is your part... or should I say MY part...

Where to start... well, let's talk dates. In August, for our Saturday knit-along, anyone want to do an Einstein? It's a terrific knit coat, featuring not a single purl stitch. You can see it in the book "The Knit Stitch" by Sally Melville. August is definitely the time to start this project so it will be ready when the weather gets a little crisp. There is a sample in the store, so please drop by and take a look. No obligation to work on the suggested group project, anyone can sit in on Saturday knitting, but wouldn't it be motivational to work on a project with like-needled knitters! It starts with just the easiest thing, as the first panel is just a big all-knit garter stitch rectangle. So, beginners can give it a try, as well as more advanced knitters.

Our new class schedule should be out Sept 1. Yes, this means I have some planning to do. Any suggestions? I am thinking of some small projects, accessories like hats, mittens, scarves... cold weather items which can be completed quickly and easily and which will make great gifts. Also, do we have any interest in a dog sweater class? This is something several of you have asked for, and the time is right. Has anyone met Eva and Pete's new baby... Buster is a Shih-Tzu and he is just precious. Eva may need to sit in on this class with us, as I need to make a sweater for a little Bichon friend of ours named Zoe. (My 100 lb Rottweiler has no desire for a sweater... hmm...) So please look for the schedule in September.

Clear your calendar for September 3! Eva's planning a Fall Preview Night. Lots of fun, you'll get to see all the new yarns before everyone else gets their hands on them! I don't have all the details yet, but Eva has mentioned a Chinese Auction (one of those fun combo raffle/gift activities involving laughing and swapping of wrapped packages... last time my family did one, lots of old fruitcakes made the rounds, so I will make sure there is no fruitcake involved this time!), refreshments, and other great stuff you don't want to miss. Specific details to follow.

Another big date for the calendar is October 15th. Remember from last time, I just said it was a big event? OK, I will let another detail slip... hope Eva isn't reading this, lol... the first word is "book" and the second word is "signing"... there, I didn't actually say it was a book signing or anything, did I? Good, because I don't think I am supposed to tell... but if it were, in theory, a BOOK SIGNING, well, it's someone I have been dying to meet for a long time, that is, if I actually were to say it... I wouldn't miss it if I were you, or if I were me...

And what's new around the store? New ASIT logo bags for your latest projects. Nice and big and sturdy, great for carrying around a sweater, needlepoint, baby blanket, or perhaps a book you wanted to have signed. Not that I am saying anything here.

Also, the Big V vest sample, knit in Terra from SWTC is hanging up, at least it is when Eva isn't wearing it. Take a look, it's just inside the door to the right. So pretty! New colors of Cotton Classic are here, the top 20 colors of Brown Sheep worsted (really great), and several new books, so browse our shelves! More new items arriving around the 15th.

And that's about it! Look for blog updates every two weeks or so... See you around the shop!

Big Yarn Hugs,

Cathy

1 comment:

mrsmpl said...

What a great idea! Not only do I have one more way to keep up with ASIT news, but I get to learn a little about blogs, too. Thanks. I'd like to try the dog sweater class. I think that ASIT should have a fashion show after the knitting. My dog loves ASIT and only wishes he'd find a stray cookie lying around like at Agway or Petco. And a b--k s-gn-ng? Can't wait for that and October 15th AND for the September class schedule. It's gonna be brilliant whether I knit the 'Einstein' or not. 8=D